The Aston Starlight is the first ever laser targeting pencil microphone, allowing for recall of mic position in studio use, and incredibly quick and easy set up in live applications. This truly astonishing microphone also showcases Aston’s unique variable voice switching for sound contouring, a nearly indestructible build quality, our signature sintered head, and Aston’s, now famous, tumbled 100% stainless steel chassis.
Yet another remarkable step-up in technology, performance and cool features! The Starlight has 3 modes of operation, courtesy of some very fancy front-end filtering between the capsule and PCB. You can chose between Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings to get the perfect tone response for your application… guitar cab, drums, strings, even vocals… whatever the application you’ll get a perfect fit for your music, and each setting has been carefully tuned to give superb top-flight performance, way beyond Starlight’s price point.
Sintered Metal Head
Sintering is not new to the mic world, though seldom used… but we’ve taken the technology a step or 2 further than ever before. We tested many thicknesses of sintered head, as well as the average size of the sinter spheres, and combined that with nickel plate which is controlled to only a few nanometres thickness to achieve near perfect acoustic porosity. In addition the head is virtually indestructible, so like all Aston mics, it can take any amount of studio or even live use and will never let you down.
- Transducer Type: Capacitor
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 10dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 42.1mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 130dB/ 140dB/ 150dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 79dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switch: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filters: 80Hz, 140Hz
48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation