DMXcompander makes it possible to run three DMX512 Universes in one CAT-5 cable. A CAT-5 cable has four data-pairs, one pair is used as the 0V reference and the other three pairs are used for DMX512 Data+ and Data-. Through the three RJ45 connectors on the DMXcompander, three DMX512 Universes are “COMpressed” into one CAT-5 cable through the ‘Universe 1+2+3’ RJ45 connector. In the other end of the CAT-5 cable another DMXcompander can be used to “exPAND” the DMX512 Universes again, making them available through the three RJ45 connectors. Together with CAT-5 cables and CPOINT’s XLRJ45 adapters, a DMX512 network can be set up very quickly and at a very low cost.
Note: You need a CPOINT DMXcompander on each end of the Cat-5 cable and 6 x CPOINT RJ45 to XLR adaptors to make a complete system.
DMXcompander, Facts & Features:
- Three DMX512 Universes (1536 channels) combined into one CAT-5 cable.
- RJ45 connectors used for connection with inexpensive CAT-5 cables.
- Gold-plated pins on RJ45 connectors.
- Sturdy molded housing.
- Mountable on DIN rail.
- Mountable in lighting-rig.
- Use as flexible DMX outlet.
- Mountable with 5mm screws or cable-tie.
- Weight including packaging, 67g.
- Easy to use.
- Low cost.