Presonus Digimax D8 Preamp
A high-quality microphone preamp can make all the difference in the sound of your recordings. Without a quality preamp, the expression “garbage in, garbage out” is especially apt. And customers and reviewers alike have long insisted that the PreSonus XMAX™ Class A solid-state preamp is the finest in its price class.
The DigiMax D8 provides eight of these prized preamps—enough to raise your entire studio rig to a higher level. And that’s just the beginning of the story.
With its eight XLR mic inputs and eight ¼” balanced, direct channel outputs, you can route each channel’s signal independently. This makes the DigiMax D8 a premium front end for virtually any system.
And thanks to its eight-channel, 24-bit ADAT Lightpipe output (which operates at 44.1 or 48 kHz), the DigiMax D8 provides an excellent front end for Lightpipe-equipped digital-audio devices, such as Avid's Digi 003. You’ll immediately hear the improvement.
Better yet, add a DigiMax D8 to a Lightpipe-equipped PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL. This combination provides a two-rackspace rig with 16 XMAX-equipped recording channels—enough to record an entire live band.
- 2 unbalanced ¼” instrument inputs (front panel; bypass Ch. 1 and 2 mic inputs)
- 8 balanced rear-panel XMAX mic preamps
- 1 BNC word-clock input
- 8 balanced ¼” direct outputs (1 per channel)
- 1 ADAT Lightpipe optical digital output (8 channels)
- Meters, Controls, and Features
- Individual channel-trim controls with -4 dB to +50 dB gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in pairs)
- -20 dB pad on every channel
- 4-segment, fast-acting LED input meter
- Clock source (sets clock to external or internal with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate)
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website.