For more than a decade, DigiMax-series preamp/converters have been relied on in countless recording studios worldwide. The DigiMax DP88 is the latest innovation in the DigiMax line, offering digitally controlled, analog preamps and unmatched digital conversion up to 96 kHz. Like its predecessors, the DigiMax DP88 provides the connectivity, flexibility, and professional sound quality to make it a perfect fit in any studio environment.
The DigiMax DP88 is equipped with audiophile-grade, Burr-Brown processors to deliver top-quality digital conversion up to 96 kHz. These converters provide 118 dB of dynamic range and are backed by a boast-worthy clock with sub-50 picosecond jitter to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally. You’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail of a performance in your recordings.
XMAX preamps provide high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response. The resulting musicality and transparency has made this design an industry favorite. In 1995, PreSonus®patented digital control over analog circuits for our first product. Building on this legacy, we created a separate digital volume-control circuit ahead of our award-winning analog XMAX preamp design, providing the convenience of digital recall without sacrificing fidelity. The DP88 is equipped with eight of these digitally controlled XMAX preamps, making it a first-rate front end or expander for any studio.
Although the DigiMax DP88 is the perfect companion for any audio interface with ADAT I/O, it was designed to seamlessly extend the analog I/O of PreSonus® Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile audio interfaces. When the DP88 is connected to a Studio 192 or Studio 192 Mobile via ADAT, its eight XMAX analog preamps are fully remote-controllable from PreSonus’ Studio One® 3 DAW, Studio One Remote for iOS®, and UC Surface control software. These capabilities extend the interface’s analog inputs sonically and functionally.
- Flawless analog signal path with top-quality 118 dB digital conversion
- 8 digitally controlled XMAX mic preamps with individual phantom power
- Controlled from front panel and remotely via MIDI
- Controlled from UC Surface and Studio One® 3 when connected to a PreSonus® Studio 192
- 8 balanced, direct A/D line-level inputs (DB25)
- 8 balanced DAC outputs (DB25) to expand your interface outputs
- 8 balanced, direct outputs (DB25)
- 8 channels of ADAT optical I/O with 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- Input metering
- External clock-source select (ADAT or BNC)
- BNC word clock I/O
- MIDI I/O