Aston SPIRIT Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone With Swift Bundle
The Aston Spirit is a multiple award-winning high-performance switchable pattern condenser microphone utilising a 1” gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its Aston 33 panel selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components.
Nominated for the prestigious NAMM TEC Award in 2016, and holding a host of other international awards, it is universally acclaimed as one of the best condenser mics you can own at any price point, even up against mics 10 times its cost
The Spirit is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
The mic features Aston’s signature Wave-Form Mesh head, a built in ‘stainless steel wool’ pop filter, direct to stand mounting and the, now famous, tumbled stainless steel chassis, for beautiful and near indestructible performance.
- Professional, transformer based cardioid condenser mic
- Detailed, transparent, beautifully open sound with sparkling highs
- Selectable polar patterns; cardioid, omni, figure of eight
- Shock-resistant wave-form spring head
- Direct to stand mounting
- Built-in pop filter
- Beautiful and tough tumbled chassis
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 80dB A-Weighted
- Polar pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- Product length: 175 mm / 6.89 in
- Product width: 54 mm / 2.13 in
- Product weight: 625 g / 1.38 lb
SwiftShield combines the Aston Swift shock mount and the Aston Shield pop filter into one bundle to give you the perfect setup for your studio vocal mic. The Aston Swift shock mount takes microphone mounting to the next level of ease. With 2 quick release spring clips designed to fit the Origin, and a wide range of other mics, from 40-60mm diameter, mounting your microphone takes seconds.
Aston have reconceived the shock system, and as with all their products, worked from the ground up on an entirely new design idea. The ‘ShockStar’ suspension eliminates the need for fiddly rubber bands, but offers a high level of elasticity for maximum isolation.