LSC MDRR/R Splitter 5-Way 19" Rack Mount With 5-Pin XLR Input And Output Connectors Plus RDM Processor Module
The MDR range of data splitters are DMX512-A (ANSI E1-11) compatible and are available in a 19” rackmount model or in a compact, portable model. These splitters are the world's first field-upgradeable splitters to offer RDM functionality as an option.
The MDR range can be purchased with or without RDM functionality installed. If purchased without RDM it can be installed at any time in the future, using just a screwdriver.
All MDR units offer an inbuilt DMX termination switch and a choice of 5-pin or 3-pin XLR-style output connectors. A pass-through connector allows multiple units to be connected to create a greater number of isolated outputs. A dedicated 10-way rackmount permanent installation model is also available with Ethercon RJ45 input and output connectors.
The portable model offers truss-mounting capabilities either via Velcro straps or a hook-clamp adaptor (available separately). Ideal for situations where cable simplification is necessary, the trussmount unit is designed to fit standard 50mm (2") tubing.
The fully isolated DMX outputs ensure there won't be earth loop problems, no matter which vintage DMX products you own.
For installations that require a DINrail-mounted splitter, the MDR-DIN range offers many benefits.
- World’s first RDM field-upgradeable DMX splitter
- Conforms to the latest DMX/RDM standards
- Buy it now without RDM installed, don’t pay for something you don’t require. If you never need RDM, then you haven't wasted your money.
- The most future-proof DMX512-A splitter available. Buy it now as a DMX512-A splitter with fully isolated outputs. Add RDM now, next week, next year or whenever you need to.
- Internal 85-264V AC 45-65Hz universal power supply with UL approval
- Optional hook clamp adapter
- Safety wire attachment point on trussmount version
- Fully opto/earth-isolated input and individually opto/earth-isolated outputs
- Lightweight, high-strength moulded plastic case for the trussmount version
- Sturdy, folded metal case for the rackmount version
- RDM data direction indicator LEDs
- RDM disable switch
- Single RS422/EIA485 input suitable for DMX512-A compatible protocols
- Integrated input termination switch with termination active LED
- DMX thru connector allowing more MDR splitters to be cascaded
- Five/ten EIA485 data outputs suitable for DMX512-A compatible protocols
- Output XLR connector options of 5-pin or 3-pin
- Output circuits are EMI-filtered and current-limited to protect against short circuits
- LED indicators for DMX, power, DMX termination and DMX/RDM data activity
- CE (European) and RCM (Australian) approved
- Full two-year factory warranty
- Designed and manufactured in Australia by LSC – an Australian-owned company with over 30 years' experience in developing world-first DMX512 products