PreSonus EARMIX16M 16 Channel Personal Monitor Mixer
Professional, networked personal monitoring.
Designed to work seamlessly with the PreSonus® StudioLive® Series III family of mixers, yet compatible with other AVB-enabled systems, the PreSonus EarMix™ 16M personal monitor mixer provides a high-quality, expandable, networked monitoring solution for stage, installed sound systems, and studio recording. We gave EarMix 16M fully professional sound quality, build quality, and features, including a high-performance headphone amplifier, to ensure you have the monitoring you need for any situation. Each EarMix 16M accepts 16 mono channels of input via AVB networking—and you can network multiple units with a StudioLive Series III mixer.
Loud, clear, customizable mixes.
High-quality monitoring is crucial for artists to deliver their best performance, so we’ve given the EarMix 16M a loud, clear headphone amplifier that can drive low-impedance devices such as professional-caliber in-ear-monitors. We started with a top of the line digital-to-analog converter for the best dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. We took special care in the amplifier design to deliver excellent sound with a wide range of in-ear monitors and headphones with different impedances. Controls and inputs can be customized on each unit to allow each musician to create a mix that works best for them. Once you’ve perfected a set of monitor mixes, save the whole scene to internal memory; you can store and recall up to 16 mix scenes locally.
PoE: Remote power for networked devices.
The EarMix 16M can be powered with its included external power supply but in many cases—such as when it’s difficult to provide power across multiple onstage locations—it’s better to use Power over Ethernet (PoE). PoE is a technology that enables network cables to carry electrical power to compatible devices. With PoE, a single cable delivers both network data, such as digital audio, and electrical power. You can locate a PoE-enabled device anywhere you can run an Ethernet cable because you don’t need a local power source. Moreover, PreSonus’ SW5E five-port AVB switchenables you to connect multiple EarMix 16Ms to the AVB network and provides PoE.
A system that can grow with your needs.
One EarMix 16M is a beautiful thing but the system really shines when you need monitoring for the whole band. A pair of AVB jacks enable you to chain multiple EarMix 16Ms while also connecting to a StudioLive Series III mixer. You can expand even further by chaining EarMix 16Ms from multiple PreSonus SW5E AVB switches. Once you’ve created your AVB network, setting up EarMix 16M routings from a networked StudioLive Series III console or using free PreSonus UC Surface control software for Mac, Windows, iPad, and Android is fast and easy.
- 1/8-inch stereo aux input
- 2 Balanced ¼-inch TRS line outputs
- ¼-inch TRS stereo headphone output with loud, clear headphone amp that can drive low-impedance in-ear monitors
Meters, Controls, and Processing
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid frequency on all channels and main mix
- Limiter on all channels and main mix
- Stereo channel linking
- Channel grouping
- Solo and Mute
- Mix scene Store and Recall; store up to 16 mix scenes locally
- 16 Signal present and clip LEDs (one for each input)
- 8-segment stereo output meter
- Channel Level rotary control with 8-segment level indicator
- Aux Input level control
- Independent Monitor (line out) and Phones level controls
- Routing setup from StudioLive Series III consoles and UC Surface
- 16 mono channels of input via AVB networking
- 2 AVB Ethernet ports
- 24 bit, up to 48 kHz operation
- External 24 VDC power supply (included)
- Support for PoE power
- Mic stand mounting option (sold separately)