Best-in-class SPL performance, sophisticated DSP processing, unrivaled low-frequency bass sound reproduction— the new DZR delivers on all fronts realizing a truly professional sound delivered with a level of power that belies its compact, lightweight design. Perfectly suited for use with DZR full-range speakers, the DXS18XLF is a powered bass-reflex type subwoofer with extended low frequency, producing a best-in class maximum SPL of 136dB SPL with superb clarity and power
High power 2000W Class-D amplification
The all new, highly efficient Class-D amplification module produces best-in-class 2000W of power and an impressive 143dB SPL. A universal switching mode power supply with PFC to maximizes power output while ensuring stable and worry-free operation. All the amplifiers were selected and optimized to match the full-range DZR’s high, mid (only for DZR315), and low frequency transducers, while separate, customized amps were developed for the DXS XLF subwoofers as well
Advanced FIR-X Tuning
96kHz DSP processors help focus the considerable power output of the DZR into truly high-resolution sound with super-low latency. Yamaha’s newly developed Advanced FIR-X tuning improves significantly on our proprietary FIR-X tuning technology which utilizes linear phase FIR filters for the crossover network and correct EQ.
D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that ensures your DZR’s sound stays consistent and clear no matter how hard you drive them. By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and applying the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the highest output levels maintain outstanding clarity and musicality.
SPL protection functions for maximum output and component longevity
One of the advantages of active loudspeakers is that the combination of transducers and amplifiers can be perfectly matched and optimized for the best possible performance. During the development of the DZR and DXS XLF Series, we measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amplifier output to set optimal limiter points for each model using precise DSP control.
- Powered 18” subwoofer with 4” Voice Coil
- Maximum 136dB SPL and 30Hz-150Hz frequency range is ideal for today’s sound engineering demands
- High power 1600W Class-D amplifier module
- 96kHz DSP for true high-definition sound with super low latency
- Access a variety of DSP functions and load presets, or make precise adjustments to PEQ, delay and routing etc. via the intuitive LCD display
- Equipped with D-XSUB processing and cardioid mode capability
- Lightweight yet very durable plywood cabinet with premium grade Polyurea coating
- Optional speaker cover (SPCVR-DXS18X) and wheel kit (SPW-1)