Zoom P8 Podtrak Podcast Recorder w/ 6 Mic Inputs & 6 Headphone Outputs
The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasts. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P8 is your complete podcast studio. The colour touchscreen interface makes monitoring, adjusting and onboard editing seamless. Everything you need is a touch away. The Mic Preamp Slider allows you to dial in the level or gain of each mic. Make adjustments until the signal is peaking in the “Good Range”. Peaking in the “Over Range” section can cause distortion in your sound.
The Low Cut reduces low frequency noise that is present in almost any recording environment, whether it’s air conditioning, street sounds, vibrations, and other sources. Compressor/DeEsser enables your voice to have more presence for that perfect studio podcast sound. The P8’s colour-coded inputs, outputs, and controls make on-the-fly adjustments a breeze, keeping you focused on the discussion.
The PodTrak P8 features six of Zoom’s best-sounding mic inputs, providing pristine audio for you and your guests. With up to 70dB of gain the P8 can handle the most demanding microphones.
The P8 features a dedicated channel for recording phone calls. Channel six can be switched to USB mode to record your guests from your computer. Both options include a Mix-Minus feature to prevent echo and feedback for the caller. Use the optional Zoom BTA-2 Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) to wirelessly connect your phone to record remote guests.
The P8 features six independent headphone outputs, each with individual volume control. For professional playback, the P8’s main outputs allow you to connect your studio monitors. When a channel’s ON AIR is disabled, you can still hear the tracks through your headphones, but they won’t be recorded, or go through speakers or USB. Helpful when having sidebar conversations or prepping your guests during breaks.
Make your podcast sound professional by triggering sound effects, intro music, jingles, pre-recorded interviews and more, with nine multi-coloured sound pads. Choose from 13 pre-loaded sounds or load your own. Create up to four banks of sounds for a total of 36 sound clips at your fingertips.
With the P8’s onboard editing, easily trim, split and fade audio clips to produce a finished episode. You can also transfer track files to your computer for a final mix. When recording outside the studio, the P8 provides up to two hours of recording with four AA batteries, or connect a USB power supply for extended use. A USB-C port allows the PodTrak P8 to function as an audio interface when connected to a computer for recording and live streaming.
- Full-colour LCD touchscreen display
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
- Individual volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
- Dedicated channel for recording phone interviews
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth enables wireless call recording
- Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback from call audio
- Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
- 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
- Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls let everyone hear clearly
- On-board editing
- 13-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website.