Audient NERO Desktop Monitor Controller
Building on over 20 years of expertise in analogue console heritage, Nero has been designed to give you powerful control over your monitoring. Featuring a comprehensive range of I/O, console style monitor control, Precision Matched Attenuation Technology and more... Nero will quickly become the core of your studio.
As your studio grows it becomes harder to control. Nero enables you to centralise, connect and control all your monitoring needs from your desktop using Nero’s array of stereo inputs.
Reference your mixes on up to three sets of speakers, independently set and match volume for all speakers and audition and assign your sub to any monitor path. Nero also provides one dedicated monitor grade headphone amp and three foldback grade headphone amps, making sure you’re ready to take on the loudest of sessions with crystal clear headphone mixes.
Easily assign a sub to activate when switching to a monitor path of choice but maintain the ability to switch it on and off without losing your saved preset. Nero also lets you audition the sub on any alternative set of speakers without forcing you to assign it permanently.
Smart Touchpoints enable you to customise your workflow on the fly. Easily route and configure Nero’s outputs and monitor controls to create monitoring combinations that suit your needs. Simply hold down a Smart Touchpoint to put it into setup mode, select your routing options and press it again to save.
Precision Matched Stereo Volume Control
Nero perfectly matches the volume of the left and right channels of your stereo signal using Audient’s custom Precision Matched Attenuation Technology. Unlike other monitor controllers, this prevents any deviation in volume between your left and right monitors or unbalancing of your stereo image, enabling you to monitor accurately and mix with confidence.
Console Style Monitor Control
Utilising Audient’s vast experience in implementing monitor control in both recording consoles and desktop controllers, Nero features David Dearden designed circuitry and a range of flexible monitor controls including dedicated talkback, cut & dim along with polarity, mono, speaker select and cue mix monitoring.
- User Defined Dim -Set your attenuation using the volume knob
- Latching buttons - Activate Dim, Mono or Talkback with either a tap (latch) or a tap and hold
- Tactile Speaker Select - Audition your mixes by quickly switching between monitors
- Cue Mix Monitoring - Reference what your artist is hearing and fix problems fast
- Sum and Difference - Use this classic trick to quickly hear your stereo information
- Smart Mono Mode - Permanently assign a mono speaker without preventing mono functionality on other sources
3 Input sources (Internal, Dynamic, Condenser)
Communicate with your artist quickly using Nero’s dedicated talkback mic or any microphone of your choice
Dedicated Gain Control
Quickly adjust the talkback mic with more than enough volume to make your artists feel comfortable when recording
Assignable Headphone Selection
Route your talkback mic to any or specific headphone mixes and always be in control of your session
- 4x Stereo Analogue sources
- 2 x Line Level Inputs
- 1 x Dedicated Cue Mix Input
- 1 x Aux Input (RCA or Mini Jack)
- Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF Inputs
- 3 x Stereo Speaker Outputs
- 1 x Assignable Sub Output
- 4x Headphone Outputs with flexible routing
- Smart Touchpoints for user customisation
- Talkback Input
- Internal Microphone
- External Talkback Input
- Dim, Cut, Mono & Polarity Monitor Controls