Behringer S16 Digital Snake Interface I/O With 16 Midas Preamps 8 Outputs And AES50 Networking
I/O Box with 16 Remote-Controllable MIDAS Preamps, 8 Outputs and AES50 Networking featuring KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC Technology
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S16 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. We also included 2 optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – and MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
S16’s ingenious monitoring/head amp control section allows you to select any of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P-16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can also set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power – and listen directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
Seamless Integration with P-16 Personal Monitoring System
The ULTRANET port on the S16 lets you connect directly to our POWERPLAY P-16 system, which provides an easy and affordable way to give your musicians and vocalists what they really want – “more me!” P16-M Personal Mixers let each performer take control of what they hear, allowing you to concentrate on providing the audience with the best possible listening experience. Fast and easy to set up, a basic system can be installed and configured in a matter of minutes, and the system can be expanded to adapt to changing needs.
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 personal monitoring system
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between BEHRINGER X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany