Electrovoice EKX-12P 2-Way 12" 1500W Active Speaker
The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design, and Class‑D amplifiers coupled with QuickSmartDSP all work together to provide precise coverage and superior sound quality at high SPLs. EV's award‑winning industrial design — incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium‑quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish — ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
Best‑in‑class processing, EV's signature single‑knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD. Easy setup via four presets (Music, Live, Speech*, Club), sub/top system-match crossovers, three‑band EQ*, five user‑programmable presets (Store and Recall settings), visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control* and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure . EV‑exclusive Cardioid Control Technology feature for subwoofers allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
(Powered models only).
(*Full‑range models only)
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- High-efficiency 1500 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-12P via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points, aluminum pole mounts, and all-metal handles.
|Maximum SPL||132 dB dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output.|
|Power Consumption||1.8 A Current rating is 1/8 power|
|Power Rating||1500 W|
|Frequency Response (-3 dB)||60 Hz - 18 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset.|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||50 Hz - 20 kHz Hz Full space measurement using the music DSP preset.|
|Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) H||90 °|
|Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) V||60 °|
|LF Transducer||EVS-12M 300 mm (12 in)|
|HF Transducer||DH-1M 1-inch titanium compression driver|
|Crossover Frequency||1.7 k Hz|
|Connector Type||(1) Stereo RCA input, (2) XLR/TRS combo jack, and (1) XLR link output|
|Enclosure Material||15 mm, plywood with EVCoat|
|Grill||18 AWG steel with powdercoat|
|Suspension||(8) M10 threaded mounting points|
|Height||23.9" (607 mm)|
|Width||14.76" (375 mm)|
|Depth||14.02" (356 mm)|
|Weight Net||18.8 kg (41.45 lbs)|
|Shipping Weight||22.9 kg (50.49 lbs)|