Electrovoice EKX-15SP 15" 1300W Active Subwoofer
The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology — all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications. The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12" and 15" two-way models and 15" and 18" subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
Signal Synchronized Transducers™ (SST) waveguide design, and Class‑D amplifiers coupled with QuickSmartDSP all work together to provide precise coverage and superior sound quality at high SPLs. EV's award‑winning industrial design — incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium‑quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish — ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
Best‑in‑class processing, EV's signature single‑knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD. Easy setup via four presets (Music, Live, Speech*, Club), sub/top system-match crossovers, three‑band EQ*, five user‑programmable presets (Store and Recall settings), visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control* and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure . EV‑exclusive Cardioid Control Technology feature for subwoofers allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
(Powered models only).
(*Full‑range models only)
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed.
- High-efficiency 1300 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 133 dB peak SPL on the EKX-15SP utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
- Two XLR outputs for easy system expansion to additional loudspeakers or subwoofers. Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension. Metal grille reinforcement bar (two on the 18SP). M20 threaded pole mount plate.
|Low Pass Frequency||Adjustable: 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz|
|Maximum SPL||133 dB peak dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output|
|Power Consumption||1.8 A Current rating is 1/8 power|
|Power Rating||1300 W|
|Frequency Response (-3 dB)||45 Hz - 150 Hz Hz Half Space Measurement|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||40 Hz - 180 Hz Hz Half Space Measurement|
|LF Transducer||EVS-15C 381 mm (15 in)|
|Connector Type||(2) XLR/TRS combo jacks and (2) XLR link outputs|
|Enclosure Material||15 mm, plywood with EVCoat|
|Grill||18 AWG steel with powdercoat|
|Height||17.91" (455 mm)|
|Width||20.87" (530 mm)|
|Depth||21.69" (551 mm)|
|Weight Net||26.2 kg (57.76 lbs)|
|Shipping Weight||32.6 kg (71.87 lbs)|