QSC GX3 2 x 425W/4 Ohm Power Amplifier
QSC's GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget.
The hallmarks of the QSC brand - professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing and long-term reliability - are all intrinsic to GX. Add contemporary styling, multiple input/output options, light weight, and advanced protection circuitry, and the GX Series clearly represents real value - something everyone can use.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating.
The GX3 is ideal for speakers in the 300 watt (Program) range, while the GX5 provides full performance for 500 watt (Program) speakers. The GX7 outputs 725 watts into an 8 ohm load. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (such as dual-woofer, two-way models) will find the 700 watt (4 ohm) power of the GX5 an ideal match while the GX7's 1000 watts will very capably power many of today's popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.
The GX3 uses the latest evolution of the QSC Grounded Collector output system, for optimum cooling of the critical power transistors. A true Class B biasing system combines maximum thermal efficiency with excellent audio performance.
And like its big brother the GX5, the GX3 uses premium toroidal power transformers for reliable "mid-weight" performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis.
- 8 ohms / 1kHz - both channels driven: 300W
- 8 ohms / 1kHz - single channel driven: 350W
- 4 ohms / 1kHz - both channels driven: 425W
- 4 ohms / 1kHz - single channel driven: 500W
- Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1kHz)
- 8 ohms: less than 0.02%
- 4 ohms: less than 0.05%
- Signal to Noise (20Hz-20kHz): 100dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2Vrms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz, +0, -1dB
- Weight Net: 12.1 kg
- Shipping: 14.1 kg
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel
- Output Connectors (each channel): Speakon®, 1/4", Binding Post
- Dimensions HxWxD: 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU x 19" (483 mm) x 10.1" (257 mm