Warm Audio BUS-COMP 2 Channel VCA Buss Compressor
The Warm Audio BUS-COMP is an all-analog, 2-channel, stereo VCA compressor based on classic circuitry that has provided silky smooth tone for decades. Stereo VCA compressors are masterful at controlling dynamics on many sources, but they have become widely known for their magic touch on stereo mixes.
The BUS-COMP will perform well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and an array of other sources. The BUS-COMP is primarily designed for stereo use, but it can be used just as successfully on individual mono sources. VCA compressors of this type have become widely loved for their ability to control dynamics effortlessly but also for the added tone and depth they provide to the audio signal that passes through them, even when no compression is applied.
Re-creating legendary VCA compressor technology was the focus of the BUS-COMP’s design, however, adding options and improvements was just as important to us during its development. One feature Warm Audiio are proud to boast is the BUS-COMP’s ability to have USA made CineMag transformers inserted into the signal path driven by fully discrete operational amplifiers. With a single push of a front panel switch, these custom USA made transformers are inserted into the audio’s path providing increased depth, tone and vibe!
- All analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA compressor
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers
- External side chain source select
- Selectable hi-pass filter: 30, 60, 105, 125, 185 Hz
- Compressor engage switch for easy A/B compress vs. no-compress comparison
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and endless other sources
- Can be used on stereo as well as individual mono sources
- THAT 2180 VCAs
- Optimally provides both XLR and TRS connectivity
- Noise: <-90 dBu
- Headroom: >+29 dBu, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >120 dB
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz – 22 kHz
- THD + Noise, 20Hz – 20 kHz, +20 dBu input <0.05%
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohm